Family

Family
Take Chances~ Make Mistakes~ Get Messy

Monday, June 23, 2014

The Time is Here

The Time is Here

On Wednesday of last week (June 18th) we got the official call that our homestudy had been completed and that the paperwork was being submitted to the state! YA!!! AND in the same call she told us about 2 great kids who have a respite (short term) need.  Needless to say,  after YEARS of talking and LOTS of training we were excited to say YES!  A short term (just long enough for it to be a bit more than just a vacation) with 2 very great kids is by far the world's best first placement.  So we waited for 5 LONG days for them to arrive.  Today with 1 1/2 hours to spare before rushing everyone off to VBS, we helped settle the kids down and introduce them to our home (and theirs for the next few weeks). 

As excited as we were; my heart still stung for these kids.  The fact they had to go somewhere they didn't know and stay with people they have never met really broke my heart.  Two very shy quiet kids (which for the record, has not even last the whole first day :) came in and looked a little lost... very curious and slightly sad.  Today all my training and all my research did no good.  Today I prayed.  I prayed for 2 precious lives... for 2 young souls who are a bit lost... a bit curious...and have had a ton of sadness.  See God is big and no training no research can ever begin to do even a fraction of the work that he can!  So tonight when I tuck in 4 kids instead of 2 I am going to PRAY because that is something BIG I can do today.  "

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.   Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment